Body: Will Power

Will power is a funny thing. It is so hard to come by, especially when hungry and there is a whole food court of choices just begging for you to choose them. Will power is where I struggle with diets.  I am not strong enough to resist the urge to eat that piece of cake, or that fried chicken leg.

The way to get healthy is by eating foods that are going to be beneficial to your body, so that is where I have started. It's just that, some of those foods are not my favorite; lets face it, that Big Mac tastes way better than a salad. So I literally prayed and asked for the  strength to make better eating choices. Thus for lunch I had Subway! Not Arby's. It's not a gigantic leap, but it is a step in the right direction.

And that direction was awesome. I didn't feel bloated, or tired, or weighted down the second half of my shift. My stomach was happier and more settled then usual, and I was feeling great. I learned today, something I already knew, that when you put good things into your system that you reap the benefits. It was great, and I am looking forward to feeling that great everyday.

Oh, and I had gluten free cereal this morning. And for dinner I had a chopped beef sandwich with mashed potatoes. So my dinner was not great, but the other two meals were fairly healthy.

Making Progress.

Comments

Popular Posts