Mind and Soul: Strength

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

This truth is what got me through my day. Today was a pretty big day in my career, I was "promoted" and today was my first day with my new responsibilities. I hardly slept last night because I was so nervous. When I woke up this morning, after hitting the snooze button way to many times, I prayed for the strength to get through the day. I did not know what I was going to be facing when I walked through those doors, or what the day would hold. 

I spent the morning training for my new position, and by lunch was on the verge of tears because a co-worker of mine had openly chastised me in front of everyone for a simple "Rookie" mistake. I literally contemplated throwing in the towel and going home. But I bowed my head in prayer and just asked God for the strength to show my face at work again. I read a few verses form my bible, and by the time my lunch hour was up I was feeling better. I held my head up as I walked right up to the women I had disappointed and apologized for my mistake. She told me that she was feeling bad and that she was sorry for how she had reacted. 

From that point on my day went pretty smoothly. My attitude shifted and the day turned out to be a great one. I even survived being pulled over. But I owe it all to the One who gives me the strength to persevere, because if I didn't have him on my side my day would have been terrible. 

It is a peaceful feeling to know that there is always someone I can count on, who is there to give me the boost I need, to help me do the impossible. Like swallow my pride, and get over my bruised ego. 

Just Food for Thought. 

Comments

Popular Posts