Body: Refreshed/Rejuvenated

Well it has been two years since the creation of this blog, and I have done a terrible job at keeping it updated. I am determined to do better. I wanted to create an outlet where I could keep myself accountable on my journey to a healthier life. I have committed to an exercise plan, and have made several shifts in my diet. I also wanted to able to receive advise and feedback from those of you who have been where I am today.

I am 18 years old and I am severely overweight. I have tried crash diets and workout dvd's and even gone through several gym memberships, but nothing has been able to hold my attention. My parents have been on me for years, always commenting on my food choices, and my lack of daily exercise, and of course I would try and "do better" but who was I kidding. I was not ever really motivated to stick with a plan. I am not a patient person, so when I didn't See results I would quite.

It wasn't till about two months ago that I really started to consider my physical health. There is a history of hypertension, high cholesterol, and diabetes in my family, and I am well on my way to having all three. It is that fact and that fact alone that has made my decision. I am going to get in shape. It is no longer about being "Skinny" or "Perfect" but about being healthy. I want to live a long and happy life and live to meet my Great Grandchildren. :)

Here is my goal: I want to loose 70 lbs. That will put me in the healthy weight range for my height.
I am going to achieve this by: Walking 15-30 min on the TreadClimber at least three times a week, and by eating more gluten free and organic foods. I am also going to eat six small meals a day(I have heard this is the best way to loose weight).

In addition I am also going to blog my progress. It will be sort of like logging in my exercise and food consumption for the day. I am also going to try and blog about the mental challenges that arise, in an attempt to make some sense of it all!!

So here's to SUCCESS!!

Comments

Popular Posts